A new generation of miners requires a new way of approaching the mining industry, one that puts people above profit.
Each Wednesday, join Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as he navigates the ups and downs of the industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in anyway — whether you’re a lifer or a high school student looking to make the leap — Full Production is the perfect podcast for you.
This week’s episode is all about fitness, as we speak to Willow & Bernice at the Inspired Life fitness centre in Kalgoorlie. They have some great advice on getting in shape if you’ve been a couch warrior for a bit too long.
Willow & Bernice said getting fit is just about getting through the door. Even those people who work out five days a week for years on end have plenty of times when they would rather do anything else than exercise. They work, like the rest of us, and just want to come home to a beer and some TV. It’s a bit left field for Full Production, but fitness is something miners can’t ignore!
We also chat about:
- Getting started in fitness if it’s been awhile since you hit the gym
- Mental, emotional and physical health and why it all goes together
- How to make fitness fun instead of a chore
- Why parents need to lead by example when it comes to health for their kids
- How to get over self-consciousness at the gym (and in general)
- The mining industry’s lack of focus on mental health