Working in the mining industry, especially in a FIFO role, is a life-changing experience. However, like any journey there’s plenty of challenges along the way. How can you make the most of it?
On this episode of Full Production, we chat to Terry Heta – the man behind FIFO Inspo.
Through FIFO Inspo, Terry aims to share his experiences as a FIFO worker and create a community for other FIFO workers to connect.
In the episode, Pete and Terry chat about the ins-and-outs of FIFO life, what to consider before taking the plunge on a FIFO role, and how to make the most of the lifestyle.
We also discussed:
- The importance of making a plan for your FIFO career and what your exit strategy looks like.
- Why people go into FIFO life and how to make the most of it.
- Terry’s background growing up in New Zealand.
- Setting goals in your mining career and understanding your “why”.
- Mental health in the mining industry and how to check in with yourself.
- What’s Terry’s role on site and how he got into the mining industry.
- Insight into Mader Group, the company Terry works for.
- What FIFO Inspo is about and what’s coming up.
- How Terry’s comes up with topics for his vlog.