Our latest guest on Full Production is someone I’ve known for most of my life: Tanya Gilbert. Tanya is a great mate of mine who works as Health Safety Environment and Training Manager at CSA Mine Glencore in Cobar.
Tanya and I met up in Cobar to talk about her winding journey into mining — which she had no intention of getting into in the first place. She’s got some great advice on what it’s like being a woman in mining, how she left home and what it taught her, and what the industry desperately needs today to stay healthy and relevant. You won’t want to miss this one.
Tanya and I also talk about:
- Why Tanya left her hometown of Cobar at an early age
- The best advice for getting out of your comfort zone
- Why always learning is one of the most important parts of life
- What experiencing life to the fullest really means
- How Tanya dealt with being a female in mining
- Why community investment is so important in mining areas
- The endless opportunities available in the mining industry
- Why the paradigm around mining needs to change