The latest guest on the Full Production podcast is a good friend of mine, Phil Gilligan. Phil is involved with safety, health and environment training at CBH Resources in NSW. Over a long and successful career, Phil has learned what’s important when it comes to making a mine run without incident.
Safety and attitude is something we could all take a little more seriously in our industry. Mining is inherently dangerous, and too often people take their safety for granted and bad things happen. While Phil is a pleasant guy and wonderful to talk to, he does understand the importance of addressing issues before they become problems.
During the show, we also talk about:
- Phil’s fascinating career trajectory
- Why recruitment is one of the most important parts of running a mine
- How to keep safety at the forefront of a mine
- The challenges of implementing culture and attitude in a workplace
- How CBH is investing in the future
- Why getting quality trade people is always a battle
- Phil’s involvement in charity events around NSW
- How to solve problems before they become big issues