You can have the best products and services in the world – but if you don’t focus on growing strong relationships in your industry then your business is on shaky ground.
Each Wednesday, join Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as he navigates the ups and downs of the industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in anyway — whether you’re a lifer or a high school student looking to make the leap — Full Production is the perfect podcast for you.
This week I speak to Luke Buckland, who’s been general manager of mining powerhouse PJL Group for more than 12 years. Luke’s a big name in our industry and has some invaluable advice.
On the sidelines of The Worthy Parts Industry Link – Auction and Expo held in Kalgoorlie in early December, Luke and I had a candid chat about his origins in the industry and what he’s learned.
We also discussed:
- How PJL went from a business run out of a home to a massive organisation
- The roller coaster that running your own business can be
- How the founders of PJL brought together their different visions to create something great
- Some of Luke’s favourite projects that PJL has worked on
- PJL’s refocusing on WA
- What innovation really means
- The growth in the mining industry that excites Luke
- The importance of relationships in our industry