Your success in any part of life really comes down to how you approach it – your mindset, and the mental and emotional tools you’ve got in place to handle the challenges.
Each Wednesday, join me, Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as I navigate the ups and downs of the mining industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in any way – whether you’re a lifer or a high-school student looking to make the leap – Full Production is the podcast for you.
Josh Doutch is a great example of a self-made success story in the mining industry. At 32, Josh has three, count ‘em, three trades under his belt and a growing auto electrical services business that employees 10 people based in Perth – not to mention stints working in Saudi Arabia and Africa along the way.
What you’ll learn from Josh’s story is that no matter where you start out, with the right mindset and mental tools in place, as well as a bit of elbow grease, you can make great things happen, not only for yourself but also for those around you. Josh is a guy who really is an inspiration for the future of mining.
Here’s some of what we dig into in this conversation:
- His journey from humble beginnings in Kalgoorlie to self-made businessman
- Uncovering his indigenous heritage
- Lessons from the ebbs and flows of mining
- Developing a fresh mindset, and overcoming the traps of mining life
- Losing then rediscovering his passion for mining
- Why he believes mining is a beautiful industry
- Finding the mental tools to thrive in the industry
- Thoughts on finding and developing top staff
- Creating an environment that brings out the best in people
- Leading by example and making a difference in people’s lives
- The role of martial arts in his personal development
- Understanding the six keys for a fulfilled life (or is it seven?)
- A call out to forward-thinking auto sparkies looking for work