A new generation of miners requires a new way of approaching the mining industry, one that puts people above profit.
Each Wednesday, join Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as he navigates the ups and downs of the industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in anyway — whether you’re a lifer or a high school student looking to make the leap — Full Production is the perfect podcast for you.
This week’s episode features Greg Layton of Chief Maker, an executive performance coach that specialises in accelerating the careers of middle executives into C-suite roles. Greg has made an incredible decades-long career out of turning ordinary companies into extraordinary machines.
Anyone who knows management will love this episode. He gives some real advice for how to use your team’s strength to its advantage to move through any obstacles.
We also chat about:
- What business school doesn’t teach you
- The lessons Greg has learned from coaching on nearly every continent
- Chief Maker’s five pillars of business
- How to develop resilience in your teammates
- Why running a mining company in Tanzania is one of Greg’s most formative experiences
- Why Greg loves working in the mining industry
- How focusing on less projects, not more, is the key to success