If you don’t have the right equipment in mining, you’re going nowhere, fast. And to get the right equipment working at its best, you need top people. My guest on this episode of Full Production is a master at fine-tuning both for greatest success. I’m very pleased to welcome Damian McDonald. As a highly experienced tradesman and partner at QMRC, one of the leading mining rebuild centres in Australia, based at Cambooya. Damian and his team are the go-to folks when mines need equipment repaired or rebuilt.
Damien shares with us his passion about great workmanship, providing excellent service to his clients, and developing the people to make it happen.You’re sure to pick up a bunch of great insights and tips as you listen to his story.
Here’s what we drill into in this episode:
- The long-term value of a good apprenticeship
- How to get the best out apprenticeships, and apprentices
- Why having fewer clients can be better
- Developing strong business relationships
- Residential versus FIFO: The pros and cons
- Creating an all-in-one, in-house service
- Why delivery is everything
- Surviving the ups and downs without a lay-off
- Building on a solid business platform
- Why word-of-mouth is your best marketing
- Why we need to give something back in terms of training