It’s amazing what one can achieve when driven by their passion and a mindset of success.
Each Wednesday join me, Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as I navigate the ups and downs of the mining industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in any way – whether you’re a lifer or a high-school student looking to make the leap – Full Production is the podcast for you.
This week we chat to Casey Stoner, retired Australian professional motorcycle racer, and a two-time MotoGP World Champion. We caught up with him a couple of weeks back at the Worthy Parts Industry Link Auction & Expo.
We get to hear about what Casey is up to since retiring from racing professionally, looking back on his career and what the road looks like ahead. We also get his take on the mining industry and what interests him the most. While he’s not your regular mining character, we get some great insights from Casey on building a career, following your passion and facing adversity.
We also discussed:
- What Casey is up to now?
- Talking golf and family life since retiring from professional racing.
- Casey’s take on the Worthy Parts Expo and the mining industry.
- Looking back on a career in professional motorcycle racing.
- Casey’s advice on following your passion and building a career.
- Stories about times when Casey faced adversity and how he overcame it.
- Did Casey ever think about working in the mining industry?