The latest guest on Full Production is someone that I’m happy to call a good mate.
Having lived in my hometown of Cobar for more than six years, Ben Hewlett is a true member of the local community. He’s involved in numerous charities, hosts plenty of events and is the maintenance superintendent at Endeavor/CBH.
On the latest episode, Ben talks about what brought him to Cobar and why he has chosen it to be his permanent place of residence. If you’re in the mining industry, his sunny disposition and advice for settling into new towns is invaluable.
We also chat about:
- Why Ben prefers small country towns
- The laundry list of Ben’s charitable activities in Cobar
- How to make things work when you move to a new town
- What Ben learned from his time in the army
- What Ben would like to see from the Australian government to help support the mining community
- Australia’s ingrained mining history
- Why most people change their career paths several times throughout their lives
- Technological innovations that the mining industry needs