The mining industry is known for its ups and downs – but what if there was more certainty than meets the eye? This week we get into navigating the future of mining and how to leverage your career so you don’t have to sweat the cycles.
Each Wednesday join me, Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as I navigate the ups and downs of the mining industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in any way – whether you’re a lifer or a high-school student looking to make the leap – Full Production is the podcast for you.
Our guest this week is Andrew Rouse, Chief Services Officer and board member for PYBAR Mining Services. Andrew has over 22 years’ experience in underground metalliferous and open-cut coal.
PYBAR is an Australia-based contracting outfit who focuses on metalliferous underground hard rock mining and is one of the largest underground hard rock mining contractors in the country. With over 1,000 employees, PYBAR covers all aspects of the underground mining value chain.
Andrew is extremely involved across the mining industry and has lot of good insight to provide. In addition to his roles at PYBAR, he also is Board Director for Austmine and a director of Diversified Minerals.
- How Andrew got involved with Austmine.
- More insight into Austmine and the value they provide.
- The people and history behind PYBAR.
- Growing up in a family business.
- Looking back at Pybar’s 25-year history and what Andrew has learned.
- How technology has evolved over time in the mining industry.
- Pybar’s philosophy for taking on new graduates.
- The importance of culture in your organisation.
- Getting through downturn’s and what Andrew has learned.
- The future of mining and the next generation of miners.