A new generation of miners requires a new way of approaching the mining industry, one that puts people above profit.
Each Wednesday, join Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as he navigates the ups and downs of the industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in anyway — whether you’re a lifer or a high school student looking to make the leap — Full Production is the perfect podcast for you.
This week’s episode features John Player, director at MineGeoTech, a WA-based company that focuses on mining and geotechnical engineering. After starting his company more than seven years ago, John has become a go-to expert on issues like seismic data analysis, assessment of mine site conditions and a large number of other subjects.
Hear about how John came to fall in love with geotechnical engineering and what he’s learned about the different data sets that keep mining going.
We also chat about:
- How John fell into geotechnical engineering
- Why he started his own company
- The value of having open conversations with clients
- How data can be used to make a real difference in our industry
- Job opportunities at MineGeoTech
- Why there’s always new areas for people to explore in mining
- How MineGeoTech gives back to the newer generation of miners
- Addressing skill shortages in the industry